Terms & Conditions
The following conditions apply to all bookings made with Oriel Hotel Ltd whether by phone, fax, email or online.
1. The customer accepts that our written or emailed confirmation and voucher shows the details of the booking made with the hotel. Please check it to eliminate all possibility of misunderstanding. Should any of the details be incorrect or any conditions unacceptable, please contact us within 3 working days of this confirmation.
2. Twin/Double rooms: Since hotels often have many more twin rooms than doubles, they might occasionally allocate a twin even though a double room is reserved. If a double bed is of paramount importance to you, we suggest that you advise us of this and we will ensure that this is communicated to the hotel.
3. Ten persons or more is a group booking. Lower prices are often available and the hotel has the right to apply certain conditions, which will be made clear at the time of booking. Group bookings must never be split into multiple smaller bookings. The hotel’s payment and cancellation conditions for group bookings will be confirmed with each group reservation enquiry.
4. Special offers are offered for certain times of the year and room types. They are not transferable, re-bookable outside of book by date and limited to the numbers of rooms made available for the special offer.
5. Check-in/out times. Check-in cannot normally be guaranteed before 15:00hrs and check-out is normally necessary by 11:00hrs.
6. Payment for reservations is due at the time of booking. Regardless of whether vouchers have been issued or not, your booking may be cancelled if payment has not been received, or if payment is still outstanding for any other unrelated reservations made by the same customer.
7. Prices may vary due to fluid pricing from the hotel resulting in additional availability, currency fluctuations, or government action. However, such variations can only apply to future bookings. Once a booking is made, the price is fixed.
8. Cancellations: Cancellation later than 48 hours prior to arrival in the hotel is treated as a non-arrival and results in the first night of the stay being charged. For practical reasons, 48 hours means by 14:00 hrs (UK time) two days before arrival. The rooms of non-arrivals are usually automatically released the following morning by the hotel. For groups of 10 persons or more, different cancellation conditions apply and these will be advised at the time of booking. We reserve the right to cancel any bookings which we suspect, with good reason, to be fraudulent.
9. If customers wish to alter their stay directly with the hotel, the hotel should be contacted: a) immediately, if the customer wishes to avoid higher rates being payable for extra nights; b) within 21 days of the end of the stay to obtain any form of financial adjustment, if the stay is being reduced for example.
10. Reductions for children. Infants under two years are accommodated free of charge in a cot. Children under the age of 12 pay 50% of the adult rate. Children aged 12 and over are charged as adults.
11. Oriel Hotel Ltd must be advised of any children under the age of 18 planning to travel alone (or with similarly aged friends) prior to booking, and this must be agreed by the hotel before the reservation can be fully confirmed. Failure to notify the hotel in advance may lead to children under the age of 18 without an accompanying adult being refused accommodation.
12. Prices mentioned for trains, buses, taxis, parking etc. are approximate. Oriel Hotel Ltd does not accept any responsibility for transfers or other services which the customer arranges directly with the hotel.
13. In the very unlikely event that the hotelier cannot provide the booked accommodation, the customer accepts that the hotelier's responsibility is limited to finding an alternative of a similar standard and to provide transportation as appropriate to this hotel. Oriel Hotel Ltd takes every precaution that any such occurrence does not happen. The customer also accepts that early notification of such a change cannot be guaranteed. Oriel Hotel Ltd shall have no liability in respect of any costs, losses or damages existing out of or in connection with a relocation of accommodation since such relocation is outside of Oriel Hotel Ltd control. Should the customer reject a satisfactory alternative, this is at their own risk.
14. If the customer is dissatisfied with any aspect of his stay, this MUST be brought to the attention of the hotel management immediately and the hotel management must be given adequate opportunity to rectify the situation from the outset. If having taken the above action the customer is still dissatisfied, complaints should be received in writing within 14 days of the customer's return.
15. All arrangements offered by Oriel Hotel Ltd to clients are governed by English Law and subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts. Calls may be recorded for training purposes.
Wedding Policy & Payment Terms
A wedding deposit of £700 is required to secure a date, with Fall in love package, Winter Wonderland and Perfect package weddings requiring a deposit of £500, along with a letter of confirmation, outlining your requirements. Wedding insurance is required on your booking: details on request.
12 weeks prior to the wedding a 40% payment is required, and 28 days before the event the remaining balance must be received. A £350 deposit payment is required with the balancing payment to cover the cost of any damage that might be caused. This is refunded if damage has not occurred. Should damage occur in excess of £350.00 payment to cover all costs will be required.
Bar & music is available until midnight in all function rooms.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
This notice refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
Oriel Hotel Ltd uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you marketing information which we believe may be of interest to you and your business. In you making initial consent to marketing contact from Oriel Hotel Ltd we shall maintain a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt-out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We may from time to time use such information to collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to our website.
Any information Oriel Hotel Ltd holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
We will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with marketing and consulting services, we do not sell or broker your data, although coincidentally there may be times when your information could be contained in data that Oriel Hotel Ltd has purchased from a third-party list broker, on behalf of a client.
Legal basis for processing personal data
In order for us to process personal data, we must have a lawful purpose for doing so. This is outlined below.
When you provide your personal details to us, we use your information for our legitimate business interests. Before doing this, we will carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights.
The following are some examples of when and why we would use this approach.
Direct Marketing: We will send Direct marketing via the postal service and by email. We will also make sure our direct marketing is relevant for you and where possible tailored to your interests.
Ordering online: In order for us to process an order, payment details are taken and contact information collected, such as name, address, telephone number, and email address.
Your best interest: Processing your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
Personalisation: Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our guests and visitors.
Analytics: To process your personal information for the purposes of customer analysis, assessment, profiling and direct marketing, on a personalised or aggregated basis, to help us with our activities and to provide you with the most relevant information as long as this does not harm any of your rights and interests.
Research: To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising and to develop our products, services, systems and relationships with you.
Due Diligence: We may need to conduct investigations on potential customers and business partners to determine if those companies and individuals have been involved or convicted of offences such as fraud, bribery and corruption. Any communication we send in this manner will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe very easily.
We also rely on consent for lawful processing where we have no legitimate interest. An example of this may be when you sign up to receiving marketing through our website. Every marketing email we send gives you the opportunity to withdraw consent by unsubscribing.
We may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on our behalf. We require these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
We do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with us without your consent. However, we may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. We may also enforce our Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of our Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Oriel Hotel Ltd, our clients and/or the wider community.
We will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for five years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After five years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in The United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers. Oriel Hotel Ltd does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst Oriel Hotel Ltd is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
Right of rectification - you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to be forgotten - in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
Right to restriction of processing - where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
Right of portability - you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
Right to object to automated processing, including profiling - you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Oriel Hotel Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Oriel Hotel Ltd at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
You can request the following information:
Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Oriel Hotel Ltd or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
How long the data will be stored.
Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
The source of personal data if it wasn't collected directly from you.
Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
We will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Oriel Hotel Ltd is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to GDPR@theorielhotel.com or by phoning 01745 582716 or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Oriel Hotel Ltd or its partners, you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Oriel Hotel Ltd, attention of GDPR
Upper Denbigh Road,
Telephone 01745 582716 or email GDPR@orielhotel.co.uk
Data Protection Regulator
Information Commissioner's office
Tel: 0030 123 1113
Version 1.1 2019